Today is Michael's 28th Birthday. I can't believe we are almost in our 30's! It is also very weird to think that I have known him since he was 16. Sometimes that feels like forever ago and sometimes it seems like yesterday. Oh well, almost 6 years of marriage and two kids later here we are! Evan definitely can't grasp the whole birthday thing yet. It is Especially confusing to him since Noah's birthday is in 3 days. Anytime we talk about Noah's birthday coming up Evan says "Yeah and mine too!" I don't suppose he will get it anytime soon considering that my mom, Michael's mom, and Amanda have all said that they were sending Evan something too. I hope we aren't starting a bad habit. :-)
Our day started out earlier than usual. For some reason both boys have been waking up at 7:00 instead of their usual 8 or 8:30. I am really hoping this comes to an end quickly. I really wouldn't mind getting up that early (although it is not my ideal) but I can tell that they are not ready to face the day at 7:00. They are miserable for the first hour of the day. It just doesn't get us started off on the right foot. The day turned out pretty good despite our early and grouchy start. Michael worked open to close, as usual, today. We met him at work for lunch. Since I knew he wouldn't be home until 8 or 9 I decided to take cupcakes to the jewelry store. Evan enjoyed "helping" me make them. Our only catastrophe was Evan spilling vegetable oil on his shirt and jeans that he had only been wearing for approximately 20 minutes. Oh well, worse things have happened. I realized that I have not made cupcakes in a long time. It took forever to ice them! Then again last time I made them I probably didn't have one kid begging me to eat the icing and another kid hanging on my legs crying to be picked up. They were definitely worth it! Evan loves going to the jewelry store. He runs around like he owns the place. I think he just really likes the fact that he has an audience. What can I say? He is his fathers child! All of the excitement wore them out because they both fell asleep on the way home.
All in all it was a good day. Not too much to complain about. Tomorrow it is supposed to hit 60! Now that is something to look forward to!

1 comment:
Seriously you didn't even tell the funny story!
Post a Comment